Thursday, June 24, 2010

"What I Love About my House" Blog Round-up - Part 2

It's been a lot of fun reading all the posts about what everyone loves about their homes, so much fun, in fact, that I'm bringing you "What I Love About My House - Part 2"!  You can read Part 1 here and the post I wrote about my own home here.

It's always a good exercise to focus on the positive about our homes, despite the limitations of what we would want to accomplish if time, money, and energy were no object.  So here are another batch of lovely homes to show you (in no particular order):

Decorating Addiciton
Stephenie wrote about her Cape Cod style house which she and her husband have recently decided not to sell.  There's so much to love in her pretty home from the amazing bathroom reno, which now features those gorgeous river rock tiles in the shower, to the cathedral ceiling in her family room which makes it a perfect Christmas tree house.



3 Sun Kissed Boys 
Hop on over to Yanet's blog to read the story of how Yanet and her husband were able to purchase their house through a series of events with perfect timing.  They have since made their home a haven of comfort and coziness, from the white kitchen (I do love a white kitchen), to the swing hanging from the tree in the front yard.


Blue Clear Sky
Elizabeth, who lives in a house that is very similar in age and look to mine, gives us a tour of the inside and outside of her home.  Have a look at the wonderful sunlight that streams into the eat-in kitchen, the inviting front porch, the amazing back patio, her gorgeous flowers, and even a fire pit out back. 


French Buttons
Pamela moved 3000 miles away from family and friends, about 6 months ago, and has ended up living in the cutest craftsman-style home that simply oozes charm, with everything from a 2-acre garden, a wide front porch, built-in china cabinet, claw foot bathtubs, beadboard everywhere, and more. 



Spindle Cottage
Pop on over to Kim's blog to tour her lovely home, including her original 1940s kitchen complete with a vintage enamel table, plenty of built-in bookshelves, fireplaces, white beadboard, and the beach nearby. 


Going a Little Coastal
Anita has had a difficult time warming up to the house that she has lived in for the past year, but she is beginning to find the things about her home that warm her heart.  She showed us the view of her pool - from her sofa no less - as well as her beautiful, warm, coastal-inspired bedroom, and the family treasures that remind her of the important things in life.



Thanks for taking part everyone.  It was so much fun to have a peak into all your lovely homes - each one so different, but each one appreciated for its beauty.

6 comments:

  1. This makes me homesick for my previous house - built in 1912. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Grace for adding me at the last minute! Your description of what I have been struggling with was so sweet. I just realized I didn't get my links working. I'll go fix that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding me! I was happy to be a part of it. It was so much fun! Heading over to check out those I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just became a new follower! LOVE your blog (: This pictures are so inspiring and have given me a few ideas for my own home. So glad I came across your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a What I Love About My House post today. It's fun to see all the pictures for inspiration and a reminder of what's important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! Thank you to all who shared their homes... they each have their own charm and personality, yet all look very inviting...

    ReplyDelete