Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Photo - We Welcome you to Munchkinland

Is this not the cutest cottage ever?  The rounded red door just makes me swoon.  We saw this adorable cottage when we were on vacation several years ago in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia.  The cottage was right down near the beach looking out to the Bay of Fundy. 


It is no more than about 12 x 14 feet with a small second floor loft. I remember that as soon as I saw it I began obsessively thinking up floor plans that would accomodate a small kitchen, a table for two, and a sofa or 2 easy chairs on the main floor.  Not easy to do in such a small area.  It completely captured my imagination.  I would looooove to have gone inside.

 
If this were my cottage, I would walk the beach looking for pretty stones, watch the amazing Bay of Fundy tides, take moody photos in the fog, and then go home for a cup of tea. 

12 comments:

  1. I am constantly looking for a little cottage such as this at a really super low bargain price that I can turn into my little vintage seaside escape. So far, no luck. It's the super low bargain price that creates the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a little cottage like that to use as a studio or guest house...simply charming!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the words of Eliza Doolittle...wouldn't it be luverly!! Beautiful surroundings as well as mega cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has so much character for such a small place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable cottage! Does someone live there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so darn cute, Grace! I love it! No wonder you wanted to go inside... I can only imagine how fun it is, judging from the exterior.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this absolutely adorable cottage with us!! Can't get much more charming than that! :)
    Have a great weekend!
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is adorable, isn't it. I loved Nova Scotia and the Fundy tides were so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel a child-like fascination with it. It's like a glorified cubby house. Brit at My Black Book blog just featured what she called a Gingerbread House..you might like it, it's very tiny and beautiful too..Have a great week..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why Grace, it is so sweet :)
    Makes you wonder who lives there.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This charming cottage is near Parrsboro NS. The moats, paths, walls, monuments and gardens on the property are all in miniature. The owner brought all materials to the site, including the rocks, from Pugwash NS. The interior is so cleverly designed and functional. My husband and I were fortunate enough to talk to the owner one day and he was gracious enough to give us a tour. To visit the site drive from Parrsboro to The Ottawa House By The Sea,historic site of Sir Charles Tupper's summer home, and then down the beach road toward Partridge Is. (original site of Parrsboro). Welcome to our part of Nova Scotia - we love it here!

    ReplyDelete