Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WISH Wednesday #7

I had another Christmas photo chosen for WISH (Weekly Inspiration for a Seasonal Home) Wednesday, but realized yesterday that I didn't love it - I only liked various things in the room, not the whole thing!  Then I found this gorgeous image and had to use it instead.  


I love so many things about this room it's hard to know where to start.  The first thing that caught my attention was the windows.  I adore rooms that have light coming in from more than one side as it makes the lighting much more even and pleasant, so this room had me at the wrap around windows.




I love all the natural materials - simple unadorned wreaths hung on the windows, wood furniture and floors, a natural linen runner, and a pleasing arrangement on the table of a pot of blooming paperwhites, some candles, and a bowl of clementines on a large cutting board.  


I would love to sit at that table looking out to the birds and trees and watch the snow fall while sipping a warm cup of tea.  Perfection!


And if you want to see more photos of this gorgeous home you can go to the original article at Country Living.    It was Elizabeth's post at Blue Clear Sky that brought this lovely Connecticut Saltbox home to my attention.  It's funny how many of the images I had seen before, but never realized they were from the same house.  What a beauty of a house it is too!  I think this house looks pretty at any time of year, but especially lends itself to Christmas.


***********************

Since this is the last Wednesday in November, I pulled all the WISH photos together to see what inspired me this month.  I can't wait to see a whole year's worth of my favourite photos all in one place.  When I study the November photos, there seems to be lots of natural tones with hits of orange, gold, and blue.




4 comments:

  1. Great choice of inspiration pic.I love the wreaths on all of the windows and the mix of painted and natural wood furniture. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're on to something. Love your mosaic. I have seen this room before too...what caught my eye was the wreaths. Hope your week is going good and you are making your list and checking it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous room! I love all the wreaths in the windows. And I really like your collage of inspiration. That yellow bed is a show-stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the windows!!!! Nice room! :D

    It is neat to see the mosaic of all the Nov. inspirations.

    xoxoxoxo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete