Monday, November 21, 2011

Cookie Gift Packaging Using a Chinese Takeout Container

Since this is Christmas Cookie Week we are talking about all things cookie related.  Not only are there yummy recipes, but also interesting ways to package the cookies so you can give them as gifts.


This morning I shared with you a delicious recipe for Double Ginger Chocolate Cookies and now I'm going to show you a fun way to package these cookies using a Chinese takeout container.  




You can buy these containers for a few dollars at lots of different stores like Michaels or Solutions.   I envisioned using a white container and covering it with red and green dots, but when I got to Michaels the white containers were all banged up so I bought a red one instead.  You really have to be flexible in the world of crafting I'm discovering.




In the photo below you can see the empty container surrounded by the little circles of scrapbooking paper that I cut out.  It would have been easier if I had had a circle punch the right size, but mine was too small so I just went with what I had and cut circles using scissors.




I used Google translate to find out how to write "Merry Christmas" in different languages which I wrote on the circles.  I picked languages that had some meaning to me - like "Vrolijk Kerstfeest" which is Dutch and I lived in the Netherlands for a year as an exchange student, and "Joyeux Noel" which is French and we visited France this past summer.




Of course I had to write Merry Christmas in Bangla (Bengali) since going to Bangladesh this past summer was such a huge milestone for me (you can see it written phonetically in the photo below - Shuvo Naba Barsha - and written in Bengali script on another circle on the box). 




"Joy to the World" was the natural thing to write on a circle that I will use on the top of the box (I haven't stuck it down yet, by the way, as it is a bit early to load these boxes to actually give them away).




Mmmm ... loaded with goodness!




Thanks for stopping by.  I would encourage you to hop on over to Angie's blog at Echoes of Laughter to have a look at how she used a Chinese takeout box to package her cookies and come on back tomorrow to see my next recipe.




Linked to Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming,
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff,
DIY Project Parade at The DIY Show-off,
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter,
Handmade Holiday at Just a Girl

3 comments:

  1. The cookies look so pretty with the sprinkles and the presentation is great! I think the red was meant to be, it matches the sprinkles in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time visiting your blog! love it! and those cookies look divine! xo

    ReplyDelete