Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easy Dinner - Thai Peanut Stir Fry Sauce

I made a new stir-fry sauce recently and knew it was a winner when William was asking me to make it again just a few days later.  I cobbled together several different recipes that I found on-line to make my own version of a Thai peanut sauce.  I made it once with chicken and once with tofu and both were good.  I always use a variety of different veggies, including some frozen Asian ones to make a stir fry, so that part always varies and sometimes I also add a tin of bamboo shoots or water chestnuts.  For me this was just the right amount of seasoning and heat, but then again I'm not very brave when it comes to spicy food.  




The sauce starts out looking like it is going all wrong 




and then it smooths out and looks great.





Here's the recipe for the sauce:

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
1/4 cup soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp curry
1/2 tsp ground ginger 
1 tsp crushed red peppers
1/2 cup boiling water





Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and then add boiling water to help it blend and make it more liquidy.
2. Meanwhile cook the chicken/tofu with onions in a little oil until cooked through.
3.  Add a truck load of either chopped fresh or frozen Asian-type veggies or a mix of both.
4.  Add the sauce and cook on low heat stirring frequently until the veggies are cooked.




Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm a bit partial to a good peanut sauce Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need something helathy for dinner tonight and this looks great. I am going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious. I look forward to trying another peanut sauce.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I am going to have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace this looks and sounds so yummy!
    I am always looking for new stir fry recipes!!
    I will make this one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just my kind of recipe~easy, and calls for a truckload of veggies! It really does look so yummy, Grace. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete