I love to look back at the year that is drawing to a close and recall all the projects I've done. It has taken me a few days to think of everything and it's not that I've done all that much - quite the opposite in fact, but I just have a terrible memory. I love making lists (in the lead-up to Christmas I had three lists on the go at one time) and so here are the projects I completed around the house in 2010.
1) Painted our kitchen cabinets. (You can read about it and see before and after photos here). This was the biggest project I undertook this year and it involved three weeks of mess and sore muscles, but was so worth it.
2) Added beadboard to the en suite bathroom. (You can read about it and see before and after photos here). I have to say it was one of the most rewarding finish-in-a-weekend projects I have ever done and we are enjoying how pretty it looks.
3) Prettified my office-in-a-closet. (You can see more photos here). This redo was inspired by my office being shown on Centsational Girl's blog and how it just didn't look too pretty. I've enjoyed the cleaner tidier version (although it isn't always as tidy as it is in the photos).
4) Made over my curbside bench to use on our front porch. (You can see more photos here). Nothing like finding a fabulous freebie and then fixing it up.
5) Made an autumn wreath. (You can read about it here). It was a nearly free project and I loved seeing it hung on our door all during the fall.
6) Made letters from twine to spell the word "joy" for our mantel at Christmas. (You can read more about it here).
7) Sewed a stocking for my son's fiance who joined us for Christmas this year. (You can read about it here).
I have other projects on the go (and by on-the-go I mean they aren't done yet and I haven't touched them in months) which means I will have plenty of fun projects to work on in 2011.
I'm linking up to Savvy Southern Style's linky party and Top Projects of 2010 at Southern Hospitality and am looking forward to seeing what everyone else accomplished in 2010.