Monday, February 15, 2010

Yummy Chocolatey Brownies

When the kids do something right I often tell them they just earned some "brownie points".  A few years ago they decided that they should cash in their life-time of earning brownie points for some real brownies.


Actually, between you and me, I don't need much persuasion to make brownies.  I'm just like that - really agreeable when it comes to chocolate.

Here is my tried and true brownie recipe.  Thank you Baker's Chocolate for the recipe.  The super simple icing, you can thank me for.

Ingredients:
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips (or more if you want a thicker icing)

Melt chocolate with butter in microwave on medium heat.
Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Beat eggs, then gradually add in sugar.
Blend in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
Stir in flour mixture.
Spread in greased 8-inch square pan (or heart-shaped if you are feeling romantic)
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.  
While still warm, sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Spread when they have melted.


 

 

 

 Mmmm brownies.  Enjoy!!!


p.s. Come back tomorrow for details about my first giveaway.

(Linked to DIY day at A Soft Place to Land.)


6 comments:

  1. That looks so good! And that's the easiest icing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! The Baker's one bowl brownies are the only ones I make!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah and Kat, and welcome Carlee. I hope nobody drooled on their keyboard when they looked at all that chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and very cute! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't drool on my keyboard, I tried to eat through my monitor........ ;) I think I'll be making some brownies today, to reward my lovely bf for just being himself.

    ReplyDelete