Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Happy List

I'm always at least a day late for Ricki Jill's Happy List event - late, but in no way less happy or grateful.  

So let's see, what I am happy about this week:

1.  I had a nice visit with a friend on the weekend and we went for a walk around the Principal's gardens at the University near where we live.  One of my favourite parts of the garden is the pretty little stone bridge across a pond.  The reason I took my friend to visit it is because we are studying Monet in art class and we were scouting out the location to see about going and painting it next week.  More about Monet coming soon.


2.  Our dog, Juno, has been very sick this week.  We thought she had only days to live as she was so weak and uncoordinated, but she seems to have rallied slightly and for that we are grateful.  She is an old dog so we just take it one day at a time, but we are enjoying her while we can.



3.  My boot camp class was cancelled tonight (which didn't make me happy) ... so I went shopping instead (a girl has got to get some exercise some how).  I was feeling like I have had nothing to wear since the warmer weather struck as all my shirts seemed too short or are faded.  So I hit up Target and Eddie Bauer and bought myself four new tops, and one scarf that I fell in love with, but didn't need, and two simple comfortable cotton skirts on sale for $20 each (is it weird to have the same skirt in two different colours?)  I think I'm set now - lots of colour and new possible combinations have been added to the roster.


4.  I love all the flowers in the garden.  Right now the roses have just started blooming and seem to be having a terrific year.  Go roses!


5.  And finally, there are only seven more work days left in the school year until summer vacation.  And my notes and reports are under control.  There will be no last-minute panic this year.  Yay me!!!

What's making you happy this week?

11 comments:

  1. I am glad your dog is feeling better. Pets are definitely family members. The garden picture with the stone bridge is breath taking. Your roses are wonderful too. Yay for you one more week! Happy Summer.

    Oh, no it is not weird to have the same skirt but in different colors, but then again, that is what I do too. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    I'm so happy you stopped by to visit because it prompted me to come by and visit Sense & Simplicity. I love the stone bridge, it looks like a Monet prop! I hope Juno has permanently turned the corner and is one the way to 100% good health. Your outfits are great...I'm a big fan of finding some wardrobe component and buying it in multiples. I figure if you find a great item you probably want it in more than one color. :D
    Finally, are those 'forget me not's' in your header? I love them.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrace, this is a wonderful list. I have been thinking a lot lately about the "details" in life and how we just let them go by unnoticed because we are too busy. A post like this reminds me that it is the little things in life...a day walking and visiting with a friend at such a beautiful place, more moments with a precious and loved pet, a few new shirts to brighten the wardrobe.

    I hope you have a great day!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list, but most especially the part about sweet Juno!!!

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful list. I enjoyed hearing all about it. Juno is adorable. I'm glad he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy that Juno is feeling better! Yay! She's so sweet, Grace. And I do that all the time....if I find something I like, I'll buy it in more than one color. Nothing wrong with that! And the color of your roses are stunning! LOVE them...that's one of my favorite shades of red!

    When I saw the photo of the park, I thought it was the gardens at Giverny! Wow, they're so similar.

    Thanks for linking-up! I was late getting it posted. *giggles*

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I like that Karen - a Monet prop. That's exactly what it looks like.

    Juno is still doing well thankfully.

    I'm so glad to hear so many of you buy multiples of clothing items. I always feel very conflicted when I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post, so much fun! I need some summer clothes too desperately!! xo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stone bridge is so pretty Grace and would make n excellent painting location! Love your new clothes...and I buy multiples of the same things in different colours all the time! When I find something that fits well and looks good, I always get one more! Have a wonderful weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like lots of good things are happening for you and how wonderful that your roses are doing well, I love roses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy that Juno is feeling better! Please do tell where you got the skirts. I live in skirts for the summer and they look like they are my "style". My husband is happy the work days at school are done until after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete