Thursday, June 27, 2013

11 Canadian Designers' Favourite Rooms

If you are in the mood for some great design inspiration and a dose of Canadian talent (and who isn't) then have I got the post for you. Over at Style at Home you can find a story about 11 Canadian designers who were asked to share their favourite rooms and what inspired their projects.  

I love pouring over rooms that are well-designed and obviously created with talent and inspiration.  I like to play the "what's my favourite part game" so I thought I would share with you what elements I was drawn to in each room.  Be sure and click on the photos, though, so you can see the entire room and read more about them.

Here's what caught my eye:


1.  The gorgeous Egyptian doors in Samantha Sacks' home that frame the doorway between her dining room and kitchen.



2.  
The ultimate mix of traditional and modern (and especially this Windsor chair) in Jonathan Legate's Nova Scotia home.


3.  The iconic Aga stove which is the perfect compliment to Beth Gold's classic white kitchen.



4.  The wallpaper above the built-ins that make a bold statement in the living room designed by Alykhan Velji.



5.  The layered window coverings (and especially the trim on the leading edge of the drapes) that Erin Feasby and Cindy Bleeks used in this living room.



6.  The fabulous combination of gray-blue on the walls paired with coral in the headboard and patterned pillows in this bedroom designed by 
Meredith Heron.



7.  The timeless classic look of ticking stripes that 
Michael Penney used on the chairs in this Ontario farmhouse living room. 



8.  The worn rustic table contrasting with the dark chairs in this kitchen designed by Carol Reed.



9.  The perfect blend of pink, gold, and white in the gorgeous magnolia wallpaper, oval mirror, and headboard in Karla Amadatsu's daughter's room.



10.  The glass-fronted cabinets framing the simple dark fireplace in Ingrid Oomen's living room.



11.  The long bank of windows with views of Howe Sound from this kitchen designed by Emma Comesotti.

It makes me proud to be a Canadian when I see a line-up of talent like this.  Do you have a favourite room?  


4 comments:

  1. If I had to pick a favorite room/element it would be those gorgeous doors in the first photo! But all of these rooms are beautiful! Great post!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I love that last kitchen with a bank of windows above the sink and counter. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have an eye for picking out great elements, Grace. That is some serious Canadian talent but if I had to choose I am especially loving the farmhouse kitchen by Carol Reed. I so love farmhouse tables and chairs and love the wide plank wood top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How did you ever narrow this down? We have so much talent here in Canada - and such variety, too. I love Beth Gold's kitchen. I want one exactly like it!!

    ReplyDelete