Last year I made M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were fantastic and very popular, but the life of a blogger is that you have to change things up. So this year I decided to make similar cookies, but with a slight variation - my Mom's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with festive M&Ms.
1 cup margarine or butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk
I cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 package Christmas M&Ms
1. Combine first five ingredients
2. Add flours, put soda on top and mix into flour
3. Beat into liquids
4. Add oats and raisins, sunflower seeds, and chocolate chips
5. Drop by teaspoon onto baking sheet
6. Bake 350F for 14-15 minutes. When there is about 5 minutes left on the baking time gently put a few M&Ms on each cookie. Makes 45 cookies.
I can never decide which I like better - chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Life is full of difficult decisions. So if you want regular chocolate chip cookies you can check out last year's post (here) or if you want oatmeal chocolate chip cookies you can give these ones a try. They both taste fantastic.