Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WISH Wednesday #40

Nothing says summer more than Jane Coslick's beach cottages. She takes rustic vintage furniture and gives them new life, she takes worn out and bland interiors and rejuvenates them with bright splashes of happy colours, and she restores condemned cottages in the most charming way.  You can see more of her designs here and on her blog here or just Google her name and you will see lots of examples of her work in Coastal Living and other magazines.  


I poured over photos of her work to find just the right one for this week's WISH Wednesday (Weekly Inspiration for a Seasonal Home).  I chose this bedroom as it had the perfect combination of white beadboard on the walls and ceiling, a beautiful arrangement of pillows, and a fresh summery combination of colours in the bedding and art work.  

Jane Coslick

Jane has restored and decorated many old cottages on Tybee Island in Georgia.  Some of the cottages are for rent to visitors and it would be a dream come true to one day stay in a cottage decorated by Jane Coslick. Wouldn't a bedroom like this be the perfect setting to relax in after a day of fun at the beach?  I can almost feel the cool ocean breeze blowing over me as I curl up with a book or take a nap. Sigh!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love her style and hope to rent one of her cottages on Tybee some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane's style is so much fun. I love white walls/background with art and accessories that *pop*....The grease skirt valance is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I have seen her work in many publications before and have often dreamed of "sleeping over" in one some day. I googled more of here homes - absolutely lovely. She "upcycles" so well!

    ReplyDelete