Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WISH Wednesday #8

Do you know what I love most about this photo - it's the unusual contrasts.  The most obvious mix is the combination of turquoise and red for Christmas, but there is also the rustic branch hung with shiny dainty ornaments, and the modern clean-lined chairs mixed with the rustic vintage table.  It's totally a look I would do although I don't want to put ceiling hooks in the ceiling to hang the branch and my table isn't turquoise, but apart from that count me in.

Country Living
Are you a dyed-in-the-wool red and green for Christmas type or do you branch out (get it - branch out...) to unusual colours like turquoise.  Do tell?

8 comments:

  1. LOL you are punny, Grace!

    I like to use pastels with red and white. But I like to use pastels with red and white year round :/

    I love this WISH Wed. look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in too! I actually am using a lot of red, white, green, and turquoise/aqua this year, and branches, so I guess I'm "branching" out! ;-)

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a red and green gal, although I love seeing other people's take on pastels, rustic, Victorian, etc. But me -- I just like to toss around my tried and true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up until this year I have stuck with a rustic, natural red and green theme. However, this year I am switching it up a little. I am giving red/blue/pink, sparkly-vintage thing a try. so far, I am loving it and my hubby is getting used to the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gracie! I am really enjoying your blog - everything is so pretty, and you are very creative!

    In answer to your question, wherever I've seen sapphire blue in the mix, I've liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute. Love the colors!

    Courtney Lane
    courtneylanemichaels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is neat! I'm usually such a traditionalist, but this is great!

    ReplyDelete