Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WISH Wednesday #10

When I saw this wreath posted on Kim's blog Three Peanuts, I just knew it was what I wanted to feature for the last Christmas WISH Wednesday (Weekly Inspiration for a Seasonal Home) photo.  




I've had a thing for the ornament wreaths ever since I first saw one made by Eddie Ross a few years ago.  I even bought myself a tub of ornaments to make my own, but it hasn't happened yet (hanging head in shame).  Kim's ornament wreath is one step better than most I have seen, though, as she used vintage ornaments so it has that lovely aged feel to it.  


Kim also has hung the wreath in the perfect location - layered on top of the trumeau mirror with the lovely wooden cabinet below.  The greeny-gray Christmas trees and vintage books arranged on the cabinet are a wonderful compliment to the wreath.  


Thanks Kim for giving me permission to share your wreath.  Hop on over to her blog to read her tips about how to make the wreath

4 comments:

  1. I adore the hanging of wreaths in front of mirrors. It is so special. Merry Christmas. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the scale of everything - large, but still simple. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love that it's sparkly! Enjoy the lovely holiday, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words and for featuring this. I meant to come over right away and preparations for Christmas kept me busy with my family. You have a delightful blog and I have enjoyed looking around. I hope you get around to making your own wreath. one of these days. It took me 3 years to get to making mine but I am so glad that I finally did:)


    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete