Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Soda Bread

Since today is St. Patrick's Day I made Irish Soda bread for dinner.  I used a recipe from Canadian Living (which you can find here).  It turned out really well and tasted great with our soup.




I loved all the shades of white from the flour on top,




to the flaky crust, 




and the soft creamy inside.



Yum - just one more slice!  I like mine with butter and honey.  How about you?





Linked to Friday Photo Challenge (White) at Razmataz
and the St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl at Cuisine Kathleen

11 comments:

  1. Your third photo made me want to wake up and go get a bread myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Retha said! I've never baked Irish Soda bread and I do love it. Might try this recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Irish soda bread but have never made it myself - I might just have to give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It's been a long time since I've had that kind of bread and now I know I will be making in the near future. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should not have read this blog just before lunch!!! Beautiful! Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please! with butter and honey - my mouth is watering. Looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks delicious! I am having some now as I go through the posts! Thanks so much for joining the blog crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are awesome! I made this once when my daughter was in the 6th grade (she's 27 now)and did a report on Ireland for school. It didn't look anything like yours and didn't taste all that well either. I may have to try your recipe and redeem myself! Happy Weekend. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your photos are amazing.That bread looks like it could be in the LCBO magazine. Thank you for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the white, love the photos. Looks sooo delicious too!

    happy day1

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are killing me here, Grace . . . this looks delicious.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete