Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Eggs


Happy Easter my friends.  I hope all is well.  

It's finally spring around here.  Although it did snow a couple of centimetres on Tuesday which didn't melt until Wednesday and was kind of a bummer.  I heard the best tweet on CBC Radio regarding the snow though (made me laugh all day whenever I thought about it):
"I'm dreaming of a white Easter" said nobody, ever!!!
   




We've had rabbits galore - all over our backyard.  I hope that means we will see little bunnies soon because we sure won't be seeing much in the way of flowers or bushes.

I finally got the Easter eggs out and arranged them on the table.  I got a new table runner from IKEA, but I'll let you in on a secret ... it's really a rug for the floor that cost me $2.99.  It looked so pretty that I bought it and put it on the table and bought some pink tulips to match.  Best.  Deal.  Ever!!!

  


I wanted to introduce you to the Pysanky that I made this year in art class.


 I really went modern and appear to have been inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright and Polkaroo (anyone remember him from TVO kids - no idea if he is still around).


I hope you have a great Easter weekend.  It's a long weekend here so there will be much relaxing and enjoying of chocolate.  What are your plans?


5 comments:

  1. The eggs are gorgeous and the rug as a runner is a great idea. So glad the snow is gone too. We will be having a family dinner, spending lots of time at church and relaxing. I love long weekends! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you love decorated eggs. Yo may be interested in this...the Faberge big egg auction. The eggs are 2' high. http://paddle8.com/auctions/bigegghunt Some really gorgeous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable eggs - the whole table top looks fabulous! Love your bunnies...but you are right, not much else going to be happening in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty eggs! This is the first year I didn't dye eggs. Our family was scattered for the weekend, and I ended-up going to church by myself, but then everyone made it home for Sunday afternoon. It was nice having everyone together even if it was just for a couple of hours.

    I hope you had a nice Easter!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the eggs and the bunnies. And polkeroo too!

    char@marshallhousematters.com

    ReplyDelete