Since I have quilts on my mind, I thought I would show you one of my all-time favourite bedrooms with a beautiful quilt on the bed for WISH Wednesday. I love the gorgeous red and white quilt with the coordinating red, white, and light blue cushions. I love the wide painted stripes on the floor, and I love the white-washed wood walls and ceiling.
Do you want to know something crazy? When I was googling this picture I found two versions of this bedroom. Want to play "What's different"? I spotted six differences.
Here are the six differences:
|House and Home|
- the bedside table - the bedside table in the first photo is a very traditional white-washed table and the second one is a round red table
- the things on the night table - only the lamp is the same and all the other bowls, flowers, books etc are different (an aside: I never would have thought to put peach coloured flowers in a red, white, and light blue bedroom, but they somehow seem to work)
- the pillows - in the first picture there are blue pillows at the bottom of the pile and a little striped pillow at the front and in the second picture there are fluffier white pillows on top of some red pillows and no little striped pillow
- the sheets - in the first picture there are red checked sheets showing where the quilt is turned back and in the second picture the sheets are white
- the curtain rods - in the first picture I think they have photoshopped out the part that is used to attach the rod to the ceiling and it is visible in the second photo
- the bench - the first photo has a pretty bench at the foot of the bed and the second photo doesn't
Anyone notice all of them?
Isn't this bedroom incredible? I think the simplicity of the colour palette keeps the room looking fresh and modern. If you want to see other modern quilts have a look here.