Sunday, January 9, 2011

Meeting Elizabeth

Yesterday I met up with Elizabeth from Blue Clear Sky and had a cup of coffee and a chinwag.  We'd been trying to get together for a few weeks now, but hadn't been able to due to illness, and work schedules, and we even had to postpone our get together today so we could wait for the snow to stop falling and roads to be plowed.  When we did finally get together it felt like we'd known each other for years.  We met at a cafe in Georgetown, a nearby town, because we were on a secret mission (well actually there was nothing secret about it, but I just like saying that) to stalk a house that is in one of Sarah Richardson's upcoming TV shows.  Details coming just as soon as I confirm with my source that we had the right house.

Anyway, back to our meet-up.  We met in Schillachi Cafe and Espresso Bar which was a perfect place for two slightly design-obsessed people to meet.  The decor was amazing as was the service and even the coffee and biscotti that we both had. 


Elizabeth and I both liked that cute little bench sitting outside the cafe and thought about taking it for about 2.5 seconds and then we decided to be good.

We loved the understated Christmas decor with a nutcracker holding a candy cane, all done in the neutral brown tones used in the cafe.

 

Isn't that a gorgeous wall covered in stone tiles behind the counter.


There was more stone tiles used on the end wall.


The furniture was all chocolate brown and the walls were decorated with local artwork that was also for sale.


Now this may get a bit weird, but their bathroom was so pretty that I took a few photos of it (but none of me in the mirror - I'm just not that kind of girl).  There were sepia-toned pictures on one wall and gorgeous glass tiles on another.




Georgetown is a pretty small town and this little cafe is right on the edge of town.  This was the view of the setting sun across the street.


And this is the view of the street where I think Sarah Richardson's house is located.


More details coming soon on our top secret mission!

12 comments:

  1. Wish I could have joined you! Actually, we had some snow around here today (just a couple of inches but still it counts). I laughed at the bathroom pictures. There's a cute place in town around here and we took pictures of the bathroom there because it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I'll have to check that place out too! I'm excited about your upcoming house stalking info. I can't believe Georgetown has a Sarah's house. Hope you two had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an interior designer from Melbourne, Australia - I loved your blog, I found it very inspiring. This is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
    scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
    You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it. It's got a bit of everything fashion, interiors, food, travel spots - hopefully you will find something in there that you like.
    Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
    Cheers
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you and Elizabeth got a chance to meet! She is such a wonderful person and has great design vision, just like you! I love the place where you met, and I can't wait to hear more about your top secret spy mission!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun to meet up with other like-minded folks! I'm so glad that you and Elizabeth got together, despite all the delays. I just don't think of you as a 'cloak and dagger' sort of girl, Grace. You have many facets, you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sneaky lady you! When I interviewed Sarah, she mentioned that the new Sarah's House 4 was in the suburbs "west"... could this be the house you saw??

    I grew up in Georgetown! Love it there. Its such a pretty town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that the two of you were able to get together. I haven't met any bloggers from my area yet . . . I'd love to though! Can't wait to hear more about the secret mission

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to meet up with another blogger, and from your post I have discovered her wonderful blog. That looks like a great place to meet up and the decor is fantastic. I'm a fan of Sarah's show too, and I'm glad she is back on for another season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much fun! The coffee shop is adorable. Grace, I want details about Sarah's next house because I love Sarah's House! It's one of my favorite shows :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos turned out so well, Grace. Well, yours did anyway. When I got home I thought how cute that the bar guy said we should check out the bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you two had fun and didn't succumb to a life of crime (by taking the bench). I seriously love the bathroom tile and mirror. It's just as pretty as any home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun that you two got to meet. It's nice to see faces. I'd be spying on Sarah too, if I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete