I have to be realistic about what I can accomplish with all the things that are happening this year (you can read the list here if you missed it), but I'm all about resolutions and making plans so here's my list of what I would like to accomplish around the house this year.
1) Add some colour to the back of the open cabinet in the kitchen. I've been pondering whether it should be paint? fabric? wallpaper? What colour or colours it should be? Believe me it has been taunting me for months. I'm open to suggestions and just so you know I'm thinking of yellow.
2) Add a frame around the mirror in our en suite bathroom along with new taps and light fixture. We have already purchased the faucet, but it has yet to be installed (or it might even get used in another bathroom since they all need replacing). I have no idea what type of light to get and I can't decide if the frame around the mirror should be white or dark brown. Decisions, decisions.
3) Organize the storage baskets for our mitts, hats, and scarves in the front hall closet. We need new baskets and possibly a shelf added above the one that is already there. I don't have a picture of it yet, but ideas are brewing.
4) Sort out our oldest son's bedroom so it will accomodate a married couple when they come to visit. It is a very tiny room and right now contains a twin bed, a dresser, a small bookshelf, and a desk that is built into the closet. I'm going to take the door off the closet so it is easier to access, take out the twin bed frame and just stack two twin mattresses on top of each other. That way my husband can use the desk in the room to write his book when there are no visitors and when Malcolm and Christie come to visit the mattresses can be laid out side-by-side on the floor (which will mean it covers the entire floor) to make a queen sized bed. It is the only arrangement I can see working in our fairly small house, even though it isn't really very elegant.
5) My biggest resolution for this year is to try and get all the housework done during the week so we don't have to spend the weekends cleaning and doing groceries. Now that hubby has a new book contract, he will be busy writing most evenings and weekends so that means most of the household chores will fall on me and the kids. Over the holidays I devised a plan to get everything done during the week and have implemented it for one whole week. Yah me! We'll see how it goes as the year progresses, but I would love it if I could make it work.
That is all I can think of right now and probably more than I will accomplish, but that's okay. It is to dream! What about you -- anyone else have plans for what they want to accomplish around the house this year?
Linked to 2011 Home Goals at The Nester