With that in mind, I thought I would try something different this year to help me focus on the brightest and best of each month and each season. After all there are some months coming up that I just don't like very much - no offence November, it's just the way it is. So this way I'll look for things to enjoy about each month and season of the year.
Melissa at The Inspired Room is having a Fall Nesting Party on September 8th to get our collective minds switching from summer to fall. I thought this was a good opportunity to list the top 10 things I'm looking forward to in September.
2. The abundance of fresh produce available in September - corn, tomatoes, peaches, pears, apples...
3. Crisp clear cool weather. This means that I will finally be able to walk Juno without needing to wet her down first so she doesn't get overheated, but the temperature will still be warm enough so we don't need coats.
4. Cooking stews and soups again now that the days are cooler.
5. Wearing tights, sweaters, and scarves again.
6. Flocking birds getting ready to migrate. I love seeing huge flocks of birds and I've been dying to take some photos of birds sitting on a wire against a pretty sky, so this is my month to do it. (I know this little Goldfinch is only sort of relevant, but I enjoyed watching him in the garden a few days ago, so had to include him in the September photos).
7. Buying a new agenda. I'm off tomorrow morning to get my agenda which I'm very excited about. Two years ago I found a turquoise one and last year mine was a celery green colour. I'm hoping for a new, but equally lovely colour this year.
8. Japanese lanterns ripening.
9. Using our blown-glass pumpkin as a centrepiece on the table. We purchased this pumpkin several years ago in a gallery in Elora and love having it out on the table every fall. I rushed home from work today to set out our fall decorations so I could snap a few photos while there was still some natural light.
10. Last, but definitely not least - Kate is coming home from camp at the end of September. We haven't seen her since the beginning of July as she has been working at a camp out in Manitoba. It will be great to see her!
A Touch of Fall at Pure Style Home
The 3rd Annual Fall Nesting Party at The Inspired Room