Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thanks Style at Home

I never thought I would see Sense and Simplicity on the website of one of my favourite design magazines, Style at Home, but that is just what has happened.  You can see why I'm so excited in the screen shot below (which, by the way, involved me downloading and learning how to use Snagit in order to get a screen shot of the whole page so I could show you the awesomeness). 


My appearance on the Style at Home website is thanks to a very sweet (and completely thrilling) invitation from Elaine Song, the web-editor, to join in a round-up of bloggers weighing in on which fall design trend they like the most.  Style at Home identified three fall trends - wood, new neutrals, and modern global - which I used as inspiration to decorate my sideboard and blogged about here.  I then revamped my sideboard using the same fall trends as inspiration and blogged some more about about it here.  By now you are probably tired of seeing my sideboard, but just one more time - okay?






The only other blog I recognized in the list is the lovely Bright, Bold, and Beautiful, which means there are ten new blogs for me to discover.  I'm working my way down the list and finding a whole bunch more must-reads.  Hop on over and have a look at the inspiration.


Thanks Style at Home!

15 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! How cool that must've been to see your sweet blog there. I'm so excited for you!!! You know, you could also write an amazing article on your Bangladesh experience and have it published in ASHA's Leader magazine. That would be awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, congrats! And I love your sideboard!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely NOT a surprise. You have a blog that is filled with wonderful tidbits, engaging writing, and lovely images. There is always something here of interest. : ) Congratulations.
    --Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a thrill. I read every word of your sideboard post when it came up and thought your research was terrific. Very well deserved recognition Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Grace! I am so excited to "meet you"!!! Cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Grace ... you are ever inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for participating, Grace! I'm so happy to see the blogging community coming together and to work with you all :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting, Grace, but I must say that I am not surprised at all. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting for you! Beautiful sideboard decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! How exciting for you. It was a deserving post to get the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Grace!! Elaine really does follow us Canadian bloggers - I occasionally get emails from her also. So nice to be noticed!

    Congratulations!!!!

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace-

    Thanks for leaving me a comment about my pantry. Congratulations on being featured in Style at Home. I had to laugh when I read your line about how to use SnagIt. I would not have know how to do this either. Now I know there is something called Snag It. Again - Congrats.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! how fantastic is that - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete