Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hooray for Long Weekends

Thank you all for your lovely comments about the wedding.  We all look back on it with warm and happy memories and are pleased that it was so wonderful and that now Malcolm and Christie are starting their lives together.


I have to say that the combination of the wedding and getting some shots to go overseas and doing some extra driving to take Kate to work last week have plum near worn me out.  Fortunately this past weekend was spent at the cottage.  It was a weekend of rest and thoughtful walks (fast walks, I might add, to keep the black flies from getting me),




and wading around in the water which was surprisingly warm for the Victoria Day long weekend,




and eating chocolate chip cookies,




and reading lovely Summer magazines which I poured over from cover-to-cover.




My Mother's flower garden was looking lovely with the daffodils blooming,




and the pansies smiling,




and of course loads of forget-me-nots.





The forest had its own quieter beauty with the soft greens of new spring growth



and forest flowers.





It was lovely to be away from the routines of life for three days, but good to be back as well.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And what a perfect way to unwind and spend the long weekend!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shots of the weekend. I really love the one of the canoe on the lake. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a glorious place. Heaven on earth! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely weekend you had! I just got my copy of Summer Magazine, but I have yet to read it.

    I hope you rest-up before your big trip! I know you must be getting very excited. :D

    (((hugs))),
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your week-end! unbelievable get-a-way - I loved the canoe on the lake - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great way to spend the post-wedding long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky you are to have a retreat that is so beautiful! The lake view is unbelievable. Glad you are rested up...you have a big summer ahead of you! Our last day of school was Friday...I work 2 more weeks and then I have 6 weeks off. Looking forward to just being home...have a great week. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What peaceful, pretty pictures... the one of the canoe is suitable for framing!

    ReplyDelete