Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sideboard Summer Style

I recently changed things around on our sideboard in the dining room.   It was time for some summer-fication  - in other words adding some shells and driftwood.


I asked my youngest son if he had any shells I could use and this is what he came up with.  I had no idea he had so many, given that we live a looooong way from the ocean.


I collected these pieces of driftwood from the cottage on Georgian Bay and the long twisty stick from Yellowstone Park (oops, please don't report me for taking something from a National Park).


I added two suncatchers that we bought years ago in Nova Scotia.


Plus you can see the light green antique jar I got at the Christie Antique Show in the front.


Don't sand dollars just put you in the mood for going to the beach. Which may or may not be a good idea, given that I won't be going to a beach any time soon.

 The roses in the front garden were looking like they wanted in on the action, so I had to put some in the new green jar.  Plus I had to add the sweet little navy jug given to me, recently, by a sweet friend .


And here's one more shot of the roses, covered in raindrops,


And one more shot, with the sun streaming in, making the glass sparkle.



Linked to Make Mine Beautiful at It's a Blog Party!
and Feather Your Nest Thursday at Secret Garden Cottage

19 comments:

  1. How pretty! The jar is awesome. I have some sand dollars somewhere, I think I need to find them and display them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Grace! I love the little sun catches, so cute. I need more sand dollars. I used to find them when I was little and only have a small one left. Hard to find on this coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Shells always speak to me. I love their soft worn hues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the jar and the flowers, so pretty! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pining for the beach is not always a good thing, right! Love that jar. I just planted a rose bush! Now I just have to wait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that glass!

    And I bet those flowers are from your garden.

    Darnit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely images! I too live far from the ocean, yet yearn for the seashells and such to decorate my home for the summer. Your place is just beautiful!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so lovin' your plates and those glorious NS suncatchers...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photos Grace. The shot of the sun coming through is great!
    It really looks summery and love the roses!
    Come over anytime there is sooo much drift wood on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sideboard looks very summery, especially in the last picture with the sunlight shining onto it :-) And your roses are beautiful :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so lovely! I adore those plates on the wall! And the jars are so pretty! The last photo with the sunlight streaming is just INCREDIBLE!Thank you for your lovely words on my 'house love' post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for being recognized on Brenda's Cozy little house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grace, I love your summery sideboard. The shells, the driftwood (I'm sure that stick "fell" into your backpack), the glass, and the beautiful sun catchers are all beautiful!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, this looks so pretty! I love the layers of personality that you add to the space. It looks so lovely... also, you will never believe! I just purchased a glass jar with a crown on it as part of my upcoming giveaway! I kid you not :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so very pretty. Your photography is amazing, especially the last image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks very pretty!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Grace,
    What a beautiful sideboard and a lovely vignette! I like the way you feather your nest. :) Mission accomplished...it really looks summery!
    Thanks for joining my first ever Feather Your Nest link party!
    Have a great weekend!
    Jo :-)

    ReplyDelete