Monday, April 5, 2010

Sweet 16 Card


Two years ago this month, when our daughter Kate turned 16, she was an exchange student living in France.  Since she was away from home, I wanted to do something to make her birthday special, but it had to be small enough to be mailed and sweet enough to make Kate smile.


I made her a Sweet 16 birthday card - yes plenty of candy was consumed in the making of this card.  I had family and friends from school and youth group sign the inside of it.
 

I also bought 16 little gifts and wrapped them up, numbering them 1-16, so she had some fun things to open.  I wrapped up some bracelets from our favourite store, Ten Thousand Villages, some gum, TicTacs, a scarf, and other little treats.
 

It wasn't the same as having her at home, but she loved the card and little presents and we did celebrate when she got home.
 
This year she is turning 18 - my how time flies!


Linked to The Celebration Inspiration Party at Under the Table and Dreaming,
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. Such a sweet Mum you are! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from under the table and dreaming. Wow, she got to have her birthday in France. That's pretty special right there. Your gifts were really sweet too. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace what a great idea! I love the card and the fact that it was made from recycled candy wrappers...super cute! How special to celebrate a birthday on France...wow! The sixteen trinkets were perfect - I bet she loved opening every one! Thanks so much for joining the Celebration Party! Wish I could be a fabulous host and give you a party favor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace. Just wanted to let you know I'll be featuring you rcard today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks again for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete