Saturday, April 24, 2010

My 6th Photo

Kerry, from A Tranquil Townhouse, invited me with a "sticky-beak please" (whatever that is - sounds rather alarming if you ask me) to play the bloggy game that is making the rounds.  You are to show your 6th photo.  So here it is:



This photo brings back lovely memories.  It was taken in February 2009 in Niagara-on-the-Lake when we went there for my "significant" birthday.  You can see photos of the absolutely amazing ice on Niagara Falls in an earlier post I did here.  We were having lunch in the Prince of Wales Hotel, a quaint hotel dating from 1864.  The dining room was closed as it was noon, so we ate in the old library, which had dark panelled walls, bookshelves filled with books and a cozy fire in the fireplace.  The photo is looking from our table out the window and down the main street of Niagara-on-the-lake.  If you got rid of the stop sign, the scene would be unchanged from the Victorian period.

Thanks for walking down memory lane with me.
 
Now I'm to pass this on to seven other bloggers so they too can look into their files and show us their 6th photo and tell us its story.   So here goes:

Kat at Low Tide High Style
Elizabeth at Blue Clear Sky

12 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely lovely..I had to laugh about the sticky beak! In Australia, it just means to have a look or be nosey! Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they had to put a stop sign there. Thanks for passing it on to me. I wonder what my 6th photo was?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw this picture without even reading where it was I knew!!! Oh your bringing my homesickness on but I love it!! NOTL was always where I went being only a few minutes drive from my home in NF as I was on the border of St.Davids!! I love NOTL but Grace you must do the annual NOTL holiday xmas tour it is amazing!!

    Now I have to dig through my posts to find my 6th picture!!! Thanks so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Grace. Not sure if I really know what 6th photo means! I'll pick something out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friend, I'm in and the post is up. It was fun waiting to see which photo it was.

    We love Niagara on the Lake too. Lots of fond memories of driving with my sister and bil, coming home through wine country back roads. We always stopped at the little school park to let the all 5 kids run off some energy, and they usually slept all the way home. Of course, with 5 kids under 7 or 8 back then, we steered clear of the nicer restaurants. We'll have to go back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really glad Rachael explained 'sticky beak' so I didn't have to! What's blogging for if not to extend our vocabulary!! I just knew your 6th photo would be 'grouse'...more Australian vernacular!! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. Sorry to make you homesick Pamela - I knew it would happen the minute I looked at my photo folder.

    Can anyone explain 'grouse' to me? I'm not bilingual with Australian and Canadian English. I presume it is not the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I love that picture (where does one find the 6th photo?) just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny but I wasn't sure what the 6th photo was either, so I just went to my Pictures section on the computer and took the 6th photo in the first folder, which happened to be about our weekend trip to Niagara Falls for my birthday. Thankfully it wasn't a photo of raw pork chops or something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photo and thanks for the tag Grace!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete