Monday, July 22, 2013

Inspired by Blueberries

We're not sure why, but we don't have many chipmunks at the cottage this year which means we have lots of blueberries. It is a tough call which we like more.






Aren't blue and green the best together?  I'm in love with this colour combination lately.  And I'm seeing it everywhere. 

Like in the blue of the canoe and lake against the green forest.  Does it get any more relaxing than this scene?



Or the blue and green June Hosta in my Mother's cottage garden. Such a beauty and definitely my favourite hosta? 



Or the blue and green drapes in our cottage bedroom window. The same fabric had been used for dining room drapes in our home in Nigeria when I was young and I remember them blowing against the back of my head in the wind when we ate dinner - until they were stolen one night by some thieves that is.  My Mother got more of the same fabric to replace the stolen drapes. I'm so glad she thought to bring the extra fabric home, though, as I love these drapes at the cottage when the morning light shines through them. 



And I can't leave out the blues I recently introduced into our family room that mingle well with the soft greens (you can read about it here).



Isn't blue and green the perfect summer colour combination.

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely and so relaxing. :) What a great space! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite colour combos too. Love love the photo of the lake. How I wish we had a cottage to visit. Are you far enough north to worry about bears near the blueberries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so special that you have that same fabric in your cottage as you have memories of from your childhood. I love that sort of continuation in life, when you bring something ahead to hold on to the past. Not sure you will get what I mean but I always find that grounding in a strange sort of way. The drapes are a lovely colour. Your cottage looks so peaceful and relaxing. Really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dock shot .... AHHHHHH. So relaxing, so Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dock shot is just gorgeous. I am going to have to pin that one! Funnily enough I was looking at the delphiniums in our garden last night, and thinking exactly the same thing about the blue/green combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of the dock just looks so idyllic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photos - and I love the blue in the last shot! Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dock shot reminds me so much of our dock at the lake. And your blueberries look like our blueberries. :o) Our cottage is in the Adirondacks. It looks like you are enjoying your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blues and greens together. Your blueberry photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete