Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stepping Back

I finally had the perfect trio of time, daylight, and a clean kitchen to get some photos of how the shelves look (you can read about them here).









And as for the details on the shelves:

  • Bowls from Anthropologie - check.
  • Toy truck from Bangladesh - check.
  • Condiments container from France - check
  • Baskets to corral junk like tape and candles and batteries - check, check, check, and check!





Did you notice the collection of vintage mason jars on the counter?  They are an early Christmas present from a friend and I'm working on the details of using them on the sideboard at Christmas.  Stay tuned!




Oh, and did you notice the chocolates that coordinate with the accent colour on the shelves.  Very important to always have chocolates that coordinate with your decor.




15 comments:

  1. Grace, your shelves look great, and your kitchen is beautiful! Love the anthro bowls, but the chocolate is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is lovely. I like the shelves, and really like the one at the end of the counter piled with dishes. Of course I spotted the vintage canning jars-what a sweet and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace your kitchen looks lovely. I love the open shelves. I have some vintage canning jars also. They are so much fun to use to decorate with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ... I love the back you made for your open shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace...it all looks great...i love the open shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo lovely. I know what you mean about getting the lighting right. It can be tough. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shelves turned out great! Love those mason jars; can't wait to see what you do with them. I wish my kitchen was that clean right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Grace! I love anthro..such cute things. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a warm and welcoming space. I am inspired to get away from the computer and get some things done here, I love the mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! You had me chuckling at the candies! OMG, I am so like that too! It all looks great! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace, I like the way your plates look with the artwork on the wall. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really great, I love the background and the pops of color. I also second the chocolate - very important!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your kitchen. The bowls from Anthro are fabulous (and the condiments container and toy truck give it a special touch). Love the jars and just about everything you've done. It feels light, airy, cozy, and all around wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is stunning. So light and airy and those open shelves with the print ahhhh perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty shelves, it adds such a custom look! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete