Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shutterfly's Impressive Customer Service


I just had to give a shout-out to Shutterfly, an online photo-publishing and printing company. Let me tell you about my experience with them so you can be impressed too.

I finally got around to making a photo book of our son's wedding which took place ... hanging head in shame ... two years ago (impressive how quickly I got the photo book done I know, but that isn't the impressive thing I'm writing about).  

I had the photo book finished back in February and was waiting for a sale to come along which it did in April.  I ordered a copy of the book so it would arrive in time for our daughter-in-law's birthday in May so we could give her a copy as a present. You might be impressed that I was organized enough to get the book made, find and use a sale, and order it in time for Christie's birthday - but truly that isn't the impressive thing I'm writing about.  

On the order page Shutterfly tells you the expected arrival date which was in plenty of time for Christie's birthday.  Well the arrival date came and went by a week so I contacted Shutterfly.  According to their records they had mailed the photo book to me, so it must have been held up by Canada Post.  Nevertheless they honoured their arrival date and told me they would print and send me a new book - for free!  

Naturally, only two days after I had contacted Shutterfly the original book arrived so I contacted them again to say that the book had arrived and could I buy the new book since I had wanted to order a second one anyway once I had verified that the first one had printed well.  Shuttefly declined my offer to pay and told me to enjoy the books.  Now that's impressive, right?  

Not only do I like Shutterfly's customer service, but I also like the books.  I love the linen cover with an inset photo,


and the many different arrangements of photos, backgrounds, and frames you can select from.


And, of course, I like the content too.  Take this page for example, I like it because it shows the bouquets I made for the wedding which turned out to be pretty impressive (there seems to be a lot of that going around).


And this page - I like it because it shows the pretty table settings and the tea cups that we gave Malcolm and Christie.



And I love this dreamy photo of the two of them walking off into the rest of their lives that I used for the final page in the book.  Awww - so sweet!  



Looking at the photos brings back fond memories. Photo books have that effect! You get all misty-eyed and sentimental and mushy just looking through them.  They are well worth the time it takes to make them. Have you ever taken the plunge and created a photo book?  

Oh, and one more impressive thing about this photo book - I crossed off one of the things on my New Year's resolutions list 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Grace! What amazing customer service! Aboslutely a great company to do business with! Are you on Twitter? You should tweet them this post! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift, and one they will treasure for years to come, and you have to love a company with great customer service!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific idea for a special gift for a special someone. Great post.

    Cheers, M-T

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Barbara swears by this company. Every time she takes a trip with her family she makes one of these books! I want to make one of those books! Yours looks great. I love the double page spread with the bouquets....so pretty!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete