Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stir Fry

I have a favoutite recipe that I use for stir fries.  I make stir fries often, at least once a week, and the vegetables vary depending on what i have available.  I sometimes use meat (beef or chicken) and I sometimes use tofu.  The sauce is pretty standard though.  It is very easy and I can whip it up in a minute.  Kate wanted to have a copy of the recipe to take to university next week so I thought I would share it with all my bloggy friends too.



Sauce:
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper

Stir all ingredients together.  Put some oil in a pan and cook onion, garlic, meat, and veggies that have a longer cooking time (like carrots and cauliflower) together until the meat is cooked.  Add the veggies with a shorter cooking time (like green peppers and snow peas) and add in the sauce.  Cook for about 5 - 8 minutes until the veggies are hot, but still crisp.  Serve over rice or noodles.



Do you make your own stir fry sauce or do you use one of the bottled ones?  I have to say there are some really yummy bottled ones out there and they sure make it easy to get dinner ready in a flash, but this recipe is pretty quick too.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Man this looks delicious! I do not make stir fry often enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really make stir fry more often, I think even my picky man would eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very good. I like stir fry, it is so quick and easy to do, and I love tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stir fry is one of our faves! We made a lot of stir fry while studying in University. Easiest thing to make and really fills you up. Can't believe is back to school already! Good luck Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy Grace! I pinned it and I am going to make it soon too! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try the stir fry sauce. We like stir fried veggies over rice around here!

    ReplyDelete