Monday, May 28, 2012

Up-dates from the Bedroom

Sorry I've neglected you, my friends.  I've been working on our bedroom re-do every spare minute of this past week - pushing myself to get a little bit done every day.  I really do have to force myself most evenings to get some painting done.  Typically by the time I'm finished with work and walking the dog and making dinner, I'm done, but I really want to try and get the bedroom finished while Jonathan is away in Edinburgh doing research.  

Here's where Jonathan has been spending hours upon hours every day doing his research

Last Sunday's trip was to visit the beautiful Durham Cathedral (can you believe the gorgeous weather he has been having)

I finally carved out a chunk of time on Sunday afternoon and with Kate's help got two of the walls painted.  That leaves only two more walls to paint (amazing math skills I know), fixing the drapes, getting a new bed frame, a new ceiling light (I've actually decided on getting a capiz light), rearranging the furniture, and adding some finishing touches.  That should keep me busy as there are less than two weeks left before Jonathan returns, so if I don't come up for air you will know why.

The walls are now BM Silver Gray

Well not all the walls.  Not to mention that we have curtain issues
Details coming soon.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous color, Grace. :D I love how you are feathering the nest while Mr. Sense and Simplicity is in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished bedroom Grace! I know it will look gorgeous when you are done! All of this hard work will be so worth it in the end! Have fun finishing it up! I can't wait to see more! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete